Dental Implant Failure & Salvage – Carrollton, TX
Saving Your New Pearly Whites
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, no option is nearly as successful, lifelike, or long-lasting as dental implants in Carrollton, TX. Even after more than a decade, over 95% of dental implant patients are still enjoying their newly rebuilt smiles to the fullest! However, there’s still the small possibility of dental implant failure, and our team at Celebration Family Dental of Carrollton wants you to be prepared. Should you encounter any issue with your dental implants, however minor, we urge you to reach out to us immediately. That way, we can get started on saving your new pearly whites with options for dental implant failure and salvage in our Carrollton, TX dental office!
Why Choose Celebration Family Dental of Carrollton for Dental Implant Failure & Salvage?
- In-House Dental Implant Surgery
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- Personable, Understanding Dentist
Why Do Dental Implants Fail?
Because they forge such a powerful bond with the jawbone, very few things can cause dental implants to fail. When dental implant failure does occur, it’s often the result of:
- Failed osseointegration – After the implant is surgically inserted, it gradually fuses with the jawbone via a process called osseointegration. If this process is hindered (usually from poor oral hygiene or unhealthy habits like smoking), the implant may not be able to merge with the bone tissue.
- Peri-implantitis – The most common reason why dental implants fail is peri-implantitis, an infection of the gums surrounding the implant. Without treatment, bacteria may weaken your jawbone and destroy the tissues that secure your implant in place.
- Certain medical conditions – Multiple conditions that affect your oral health, such as uncontrolled diabetes or osteoporosis, may increase the likelihood that a dental implant could fail.
- Physical trauma – An accident or injury that damages the mouth or jaw could also cause the dental implant to fail.
Signs of a Failed Dental Implant
No matter how long it has been since you received your implants, there’s still a chance that failure could occur. Keep an eye out for these warning signs of a failed dental implant in Carrollton:
- Intense, persistent pain near the dental implant.
- A sensation that your implant is loose or wobbly.
- Swelling of the nearby gums.
- Bleeding or pus emanating from the implant.
- Pain when chewing.
How Dental Implant Salvage Works
If you notice even the smallest signs of dental implant failure, we urge you to contact us right away. Over the phone, our team members can evaluate the situation and schedule an appointment for you as soon as possible. Once Dr. Shekhadiya or Dr. Ahir has had the chance to examine your mouth and jaw, we can begin planning which course of action to take.
The specific treatments we recommend will vary based on the extent of the damage. If we were able to catch the problem early on, we may still be able to save the implant with conservative options such as a deep cleaning or antibiotic medication. However, if the implant has failed, it will need to be removed. Your jawbone must also be given time to heal if you wish to eventually replace the implant. In any case, rest assured that at Celebration Family Dental of Carrollton, we’ll go above and beyond to save your smile!
I am Looking for a New Dentist I Need Help with Cavities or Broken Teeth I Need Assistance Getting Out of Pain I am Interested in Replacing Missing Teeth I Have a Major Life Event Approaching I'm Searching for a Dentist Who Loves Kids I am Worried About Gum Disease I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist View Our Services