Teeth Whitening – Carrollton, TX
Teeth Whitening Options for a Smile You Love
A sparkling white smile is the key to great looks and strong self-confidence. Teeth whitening solutions at Celebration Family Dental of Carrollton can help you maintain the pearly white shine of your smile. Apart from being the most economical cosmetic dentistry treatment, professional teeth whitening is an effective and safe way to brighten your smile. The results can be dramatic or subtle depending on the whitening method you choose. Professional whitening systems work faster and protect sensitive tooth surfaces and gums better than over-the-counter whitening products. Before suggesting a whitening treatment, we will thoroughly examine your teeth to make sure that your tooth discoloration is not the result of a dental condition that needs attention. Keep reading to learn more about professional teeth whitening in our Carrollton, TX dental office.
Why Choose Celebration Family Dental of Carrollton for Teeth Whitening?
- Quick In-Office Whitening Treatments
- Custom At-Home Whitening Options
- Friendly, Gentle Dental Team
Why Do Teeth Become Stained or Yellow?
Unfortunately, there are many reasons for tooth discoloration, including:
- Developmental defects in the enamel
- Certain medications such as particular antihistamines, antidepressants, and tetracycline (an antibiotic) in childhood
- Foods and beverages such as red wine, berries, turmeric, coffee, and tea
- Blunt force trauma to the teeth
- Poor oral hygiene
Also, there are different types of stains: intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic stain occurs in the deeper layers of the teeth, while extrinsic stain affects the outer surface of the teeth.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
Professional whitening agents (either carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide) contain oxygen molecules that penetrate the enamel to break up and remove both intrinsic and extrinsic stains. At Celebrations Family Dental of Carrollton, we offer two options, both of which will brighten your teeth by 5-7 shades:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening - In-office teeth whitening treatments provide quick results by making use of the most powerful whitening solutions available. When you visit our dental office for a whitening treatment, we first cover your root surfaces and gums with a protective barrier. A thin plastic retractor will be used to hold your cheeks and lips away from your teeth. A teeth whitening gel is then applied and left on for about an hour. The results will be seen immediately when the solution is removed.
- Take-Home Teeth Whitening - This is an effective way to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home. First, we will make a mold of your teeth to fabricate two flexible, thin plastic trays (one for each row of teeth), and these can be filled with a whitening gel and worn over the teeth.
How Long Will Your Results Last?
In general, professional whitening results last up to three years, but this will depend on your habits and how often you consume foods and beverages that stain your teeth. Many people prefer to touch-up their results once a year to keep their smile looking its best and, since you can simply re-use your custom trays, you’ll only need to purchase refills of inexpensive whitening gel.
Also, Dr. Shekhadiya and Dr. Ahir want you to love your smile as long as possible and will discuss the best ways to make your results last after your procedure!
I am Looking for a New Dentist I Need Help with Cavities or Broken Teeth I Need Assistance Getting Out of Pain I am Interested in Replacing Missing Teeth I Have a Major Life Event Approaching I'm Searching for a Dentist Who Loves Kids I am Worried About Gum Disease I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist View Our Services