Invisalign® - Carrollton, TX
Get Your Best Smile… Invisibly
At Celebration Family Dental, we work to make your dental treatments as comfortable as possible. That is why we offer Invisalign clear braces to help you achieve a straighter smile without any metal brackets or wires.
Treatment with Invisalign in Carrollton consists of wearing a series of removable, invisible aligners that will give you an amazing smile in the most convenient way. The aligners are switched out after a couple of weeks with the next set in the series. They are custom-made to fit your teeth and apply a gentle force to gradually bring your teeth into the desired positions.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign offers a wealth of benefits for patients who are interested in orthodontic treatment but do not wish to wear metal braces for a year or more. Invisalign can be used to treat gapped teeth, crowded teeth, as well as overbite, underbite, and crossbite. Some of the most considerable benefits for these treatment cases include:
- Subtlety: Invisalign is made from clear plastic, and the trays are practically invisible when worn. You won’t be worrying that the first thing anyone sees when you speak is braces.
- Convenience: Removable aligners make it easy to eat what you want without worrying about popping off a wire or bracket. Plus, you can brush and floss just like you are used to doing.
- Confidence: As long as you are wearing your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day, you are free to remove them before big events, introductions, or presentations.
- Comfort: Invisalign’s smooth plastic aligners are typically more comfortable than fixed metal braces.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign works using a series of customized aligners which are created to fit tightly around the teeth. Each set will place focused pressure on a different area of the bite throughout the treatment. You should wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day, removing them only to eat, drink anything but water, and before brushing and flossing. You will be advised to advance to the next set after 1 to 2 weeks, depending on our recommendation. We will also schedule a checkup approximately every 6 weeks to ensure everything is progressing as it should. After the treatment is complete, a retainer will be prescribed to keep your teeth in line for years to come.
How Do I Care for My Invisalign Aligners?
You should clean your Invisalign aligners daily with a gentle toothbrush and mild soap. Rinse them right after you take them out and before you put them back in again. Anytime you are not wearing the aligners, be sure to store them in the hard case that we give you to avoid accidentally losing or damaging them. Brush and floss your teeth after every meal and snack to prevent food particles from becoming stuck in the aligners and accelerating the rate of tooth decay. If you have any questions or suspect you have damaged an aligner, do not hesitate to get in touch with our office.
What Is the Invisalign Process?
Once we decide that you are a suitable candidate to receive Invisalign, we will work on preparing a custom treatment plan for you.
We will take the following steps:
- STEP 1: During your initial consultation, you’ll get to tell us about what changes you would like to make to your teeth and what kind of results you hope to achieve. Impressions of your teeth will then be taken and sent to the Invisalign dental lab.
- STEP 2: The impressions of your teeth will be digitalized to help us analyze them in 3D using simulation software. We will then plan the precise movements throughout the course of your treatment. In this manner, we will be able to show you what your new smile will look like after Invisalign.
- STEP 3: Once the treatment plan has been agreed upon, your custom aligners will be made, which you will wear for about two weeks before switching to the next ones in the series. The entire treatment may include 18 to 36 aligners for the lower and upper jaws depending upon the initial position of your teeth.
If you’re ready to achieve a straighter smile without dealing with metal braces, contact us today.