- Root canal treatment is also termed as endodontic treatment. In this line of treatment, the actual or the real tooth of the patient is not removed or extracted. In fact, it is restored. The tooth could be cracked, damaged or infected. The outermost layer of the tooth is called the enamel. The one inner to this is the dentine, and inner to this is the dental cavity.
- The dental cavity is made of the dental mass of nerves, blood vessels, and cellular matter. In dental treatments these days, laser dentistry plays an important role. In endodontic treatment, the dental cavity is cleared up of the dental mass, and then the chamber is disinfected. This is then filled up with a material called gutta percha. The cavity is then sealed off from the outside environs with cement. A dental cap or crown may be placed atop to function as the tooth as the world sees.
- Best Root canal treatment needs to be followed up with good oral hygiene habits for it to be successful for a longer duration of time. For instance, the patient needs to brush the teeth well at least twice each day for two minutes each time. If possible, brushing should be done each time after the person consumes food or drink.
- Also, if this is not possible, at least the person should rinse his or her mouth properly so that all food bits and traces of drink are washed away. Also, dental flossing should be done at least once each day. Then again, regular visits to the dentist are required to be made to see if the treatment is effective or not and if any follow-up is needed or not.
- Root canal treatment differs from dentures in the sense that in the latter, the teeth need to be pulled out. Dentures also do not last the entire lifetime of the patient. They need to be replaced after every five to seven years since they can become loose or ill-fitting. Also, dentures are a bit dicey since there is a danger of them slipping out of the mouth if the person laughs too loudly. Also, there is a chance that they may crack or break if the person bites into a food item which is very hard or sticky.
- A root canal is also different from dental implants in the same sense as endodontic treatment since tooth extraction is needed for the implants as well. The implants can last for the entire duration of the lifetime of the patient if they are cared for properly.
- A good many numbers of people feel that endodontic treatment is very painful. However, all dentists reassure that this is not the case. The discomfort involved is that of the area around the tooth or teeth getting numbed with the use of injections. Other than this, there is very little discomfort involved in this procedure.
For details contact: Celebration Family Dental, 3720 North Josey Lane Suite 106 Carrollton, TX 75007. Call: (469) 607-8009.